We guarantee results. Call or Book Now!
This will depend on our recommendations being followed.
Wondering how to get rid of mice? Follow our recommendations and we guarantee results. Call or book now!
Did you know that Rats and Mice…
… do not have a bladder, so they dribble their urine everywhere they walk?
… cause many house fires, because they gnaw electric wires?
… gnaw your water pipes and cause floods?
Centre of Disease Control
Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome. This is a viral disease that is transmitted by the rice rat. This disease is spread in one of three ways: inhaling dust that is contaminated with rat urine or droppings, direct contact with rat feces or urine, and infrequently due to the bite of rat.
Leptospirosis. This is a bacterial disease that can be transmitted by coming into contact with infected water by swimming, wading or kayaking or by contaminated drinking water. Individuals may be at increased risk of Leptospirosis infections if they work outdoors or with animals.
Rat-bite Fever. This disease may be transmitted through a bite, scratch or contact with a dead rat.
Salmonellosis. Consuming food or water that is contaminated by rat feces bacteria can cause this disease.
Diseases Indirectly Transmitted by Rats
Plague. This disease is carried by rats and transmitted by fleas in the process of taking a blood meal. Domestic rats are the most common reservoir of plague.
How to get rid of mice
Do you see gnaw marks, droppings, tracks, burrows, rub marks or damaged goods ? Then you have rodents.
Look for these signs:
Live or Dead Rodents
If you do see these signs, Call us now, We offer the best mice removal techniques, and we guarantee results.
What ‘results’ can you expect?
You can expect your current infestation to be exterminated.
This will depend on our recommendations being followed.
In the future you may be re-infested by this pest, especially if you did not action our recommendations.
Six Aspects Of Effective Rat and Mice Control
An inspection should identify gnaw marks, droppings, tracks, burrows, rub marks, damaged goods etc.
Rodent proofing or pest exclusion is basically the process of denying rodents entry into buildings by improving the buildings structure integrity. Rats can squeeze through an inch gap and anything larger must be sealed. Exclusion is a real solution to rodent pest management all other methods give only temporary relief. In doing so your looking at stopping rodents coming in. It may mean trimming trees, stopping rats gaining access to roofs, filling holes with concrete, making sure rubber seals are in good condition.
Obviously the overall health of a rodent and the growth of rodent populations heavily depends on the availability of food, harbourage, water, and nesting materials. If these sources are scarce or not there, rodents can be controlled. As an example a city building is always easy to control than a farm. Rats can remain undetected for weeks or months where weeds and vegetation are high and out of control. Even things like firewood should be stored off ground and away from the house. Rubbish tins and trash should be kept in good bins with lids.
4. Non chemical
Mouse and Rat traps are effective when set next to a wall or beneath a runway remember that the trigger end of the trap should be situated next to the wall or directly in front of a hole where the rat gains entrance to the room. Old traps should be scrapped and kept clean. There are also cage traps for rats and mice.
Rodenticides are anticoagulants that prevent the blood clotting normally. They kill over time, usually four to ten days after they eat the bait. There are different formulations, some require multiple feeds to deliver a lethal does some only one feed. Your Pest Control Technician knows which is the best to use for each situation. Anticoagulant Rodenticides are crucial in controlling rodent infestations and tamper-proof Bait Stations must be used when baiting indoors and must be inaccessible to pets and children.
6. Bait Stations
These are important, it helps to keep bait fresh, dust free and dry. This factor is important as rodents are less likely to feed on dirty mouldy or contaminated bait. Remember rodents in themselves are clean, look at a pet Mouse, it is always grooming itself. It is the same with eating, it wont eat rotting bait especially when there is clean food somewhere else. Tamper resistant style stations reduce the chances of accidental poisoning of people livestock pets and non target wildlife.
Click here to find out more information about mice.
Rodent Treatment Preparation Steps
You can help your Technician rid your home of a mouse or rat problem by doing the following things prior to service:
- Make sure that all food that is not in a can or jar is stored in the refrigerator or heavy plastic container for at least two weeks following service. This includes chips, candies, nuts, cereals, breads, any grain-based food, pet foods, etc., that are normally stored in upper or lower cabinets, on counter tops, or on top of the refrigerator. Although usually bagged, rodents can chew right through plastic bags to get to foods.
- Homeowners should repair any holes in walls, around baseboards, or doors that don’t seal properly; apartment residents should report these to management for repair. (Mice can enter through gaps as small as 5 mm and rats through holes as small as 10mm in diameter.)
- Remove all items from the top of the refrigerator and from directly underneath the kitchen sink to allow access to these areas.
- When the PCO arrives, discuss the situation with him or her, making note of areas where mice or signs of mice have been seen.
- The PCO may be setting and placing any of a variety of baits and traps. These should not be touched or disturbed during or after the service.
- For ongoing control, clean, sweep and vacuum the home regularly. Take out trash on a regular basis, keep lids on trash cans, and keep area as clean as possible.
- Eliminate any unnecessary storage including boxes, paper, and clothing as rodents (and other pests) will take shelter here, gnaw the items to make their nests, and even breed in such undisturbed areas.
Call Elite Pest Control 03 3321962
Click to Free Text us
Book a Service Now